The crisp white shirt-a staple in every woman’s closet. And Alba Nela, our fav stylist, has chosen this, along with a fun black skirt to pair with the Maximina necklace in turquoise from our summer collection. How great is this combo?? She always know how to incorporate class and sophistication into her looks. Her street style always looks effortless which is what the Cayetano Legacy girl is all about, effortless chic.
And if Alba were to help you revamp your closet, the first thing she would look for is that crisp white button down shirt. So, if you don’t have one yet, here are some pointers from About.com to help you find the perfect one.
- Look for a shoulder seam that sits squarely across the middle of your shoulder and sleeves that fall an inch or so past your wrist bone – your palm should not be covered by the shirt!
- Check that you can move your arms freely without the shirt tightening on your back or, worse, pulling open across your chest.
- If you are in-between sizes, buy the larger size and have a tailor make the simple alterations.
Choose a Style:
- Pair a fitted shirt with a fuller skirt for both work and special occasions
- Short-sleeve versions can keep you from feeling constricted under a suit jacket.
- Details like standing collars, ruffles, or ties will update the look (as well as prevent school uniform comparisons).
- A rounded (not squared off) or flared shirt hem work well untucked.
- White shirts with a little stretch (look for 2% spandex) are flattering and more wrinkle resistant.