It’s the holiday season and along with it comes the bountiful treats from cookie exchanges, the box of chocolates from coworkers, the plates of homemade Italian cookies from neighbors, even the unwanted fruitcake from your aunt with 6 cats on Christmas.
As much as we complain about our unwanted pounds and unwillingly add another notch to our belt, we love it 🙂
One of our fav treats that are always a staple at our holiday parties are the “Pretzel Kisses” treats. Gail introduced this to our family a few years back and since then, its been part of our tradition to make them together with the family over the holidays. Not only are they addicting, they’re super easy to make.
We wanted to share the salty and sweet goodness with you so here’s the easy, no hassle recipe for you 🙂 Enjoy!!!
Recipe: Holiday Pretzel Hugs and Kisses
Bite size waffle shaped pretzels (we find the buttered flavored ones by Snyder’s to be the best)
Hershey’s Kisses and Hershey’s Hugs
Holiday colored M&M’s candy
– Preheat the oven to 170 degrees F
– Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lay down individual pretzels all over the sheet
– place an unwrapped Hershey’s kiss or hug on top of each pretzel
– Bake for 4-6 minutes (note that white chocolate melts faster) until the chocolate feels soft when touched with a wooden spoon
– Once the chocolate is soft, take out the cookie sheet and quickly press an M&M down onto the center of each kiss/hug
– Let the treats cool for a few minutes and place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes or so to set.
-make a LOT! WE always find ourselves making a second batch, underestimating how fast these really go so save yourself the time and make a large batch from the beginning
– these make great giveaways and presents so get creative and think of all the fun ways to package these bite sized treats.