OK CLC Gems – we have a huge treat for you today!! The weekend is here, its December, we’re sure you have some holiday parties to hit. We were able to get some great makeup tips from pro makeup artist Alvin Austria to help you get your glam on and make those heads turn at your party 🙂
By: Alvin Austria
It’s that time of the year again! Here are some makeup tips to create that perfect look for this holiday season:
1) Make sure the skin is well moisturized this winter season.
For dry skin, use a cream moisturizer instead of a light facial lotion to give it an extra boost of hydration.
For oily skin, use an oil controlling lotion to moisturize the skin, leaving it with a matte finish.
2) Use a makeup primer after the moisturizer and before foundation. This will fill in fine lines, pores, and smooth out your skin’s texture. It will lock in moisture and also help the foundation stay on
longer throughout the day.
Also, prime the eyelids with an eye primer before eyeshadow. This will prevent it from creasing.
3) Whether it’s a softer look or more dramatic, adding some shimmer or metallic colors to the eyes is the best way to go!
Gold and silver are always on trend for the holiday season.
Use an eyeliner on the top and bottom of the eyes to give it more of a definition and a sultry look.
Also adding some shimmer to the inner corner of the eyes will open up the eyes and separate them.
And if you want to add more flare, use false lashes.
Remember to choose to play up either the eyes or the lips as the main focus feature.
Dramatic smoky eyes = Neutral lips.
Neutral eyes = Bold Lips.
4) Bronzers can also be used in the winter season. Lightly dust bronzer on the temples and cheeks to give a subtle glow.
Apply highlighters on top your cheek bones (and underneath the arch of the eyebrows) to give some luminescence and dewiness to the skin.
5) Bold, RED lips always look amazing for the holiday season! For those people who are not used to wearing a bright, red lip color, I always tell my clients that it’s 20% color, and 80% confidence.
To get the perfect red lip, apply a thin layer of either foundation or concealer around the edges of the lip, then use a lip liner to define the lips and also fill in the lips with the liner and the lipstick so the color will stay on longer.
***Alvin is a pro makeup artist for MAC Cosmetics in the NJ/NY tristate area. He’s worked with numerous well-known clients, most recently, with the NJ Nets Dancers for a photo shoot. Catch him on facebook for some great pictures of his work. Alvin is available for for personal makeup sessions for various occasions. You can contact him via phone: (862) 571-3523 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org