During these fall and soon to be winter months where layering is key, here are some essential layering pieces to make sure you have in your wardrobe (listed from top to bottom as pictured above)
1) the chunky knit cable – this versatile piece adds a lot of texture to many outfits.
2) a notice me piece – a sparkly top, preferably cropped and boxy so its roomy enough to layer
3) cropped jacket – this is such an important piece in everyone’s wardrobe. it dresses up an outfit without looking too stuffy. It also adds dimension to your outfit so you don’t come off too frumpy. Some great fabrics for this piece are tweed, herringbone, wool – all provide warmth and structure to any outfit
4) oversized cardigan – a great cardigan that drapes well looks effortless and comfortable
5) a statement necklace – such as our dominga necklace adds another dimension to any outfit. (http://www.cayetanolegacy.com/dominga_cocoa.php)
6) relaxed vest – this piece is great because it can be worn all year round. but during these colder months, this relaxed style would look great with a long sleeve fitted shirt
7) long sleeve tee – this is probably the foundation of all layering pieces – a good quality longsleeve tee – you can get this in different neck types but scoop neck and boat neck are the most versatile. This is something you can probably invest in a few different colors since it can be worn with so many different outfits